- Are you planning a party or event this year?
- Would you and your guests enjoy listening to high quality “live” music at the event?
- Would you consider having me performing a private concert in your home or the home of a friend?
It will become the most memorable night of live music you will see all year.
Some cool things about house concerts:
1) No driving across town and no parking hassles.
2) No distractions like pool tables, dart boards and loud obnoxious drunks who couldn’t care less about music.
3) No second-hand smoke.
4) No expensive drink prices.
5) Folks who attend house concerts are usually close friends who enjoy up close and personal musical experiences
I enjoy all those things too so it’s a win-win for everyone.
• A smoke-free, pet-free space for 15-50 people. If you can accommodate more, that’s great. (You’d be surprised at how many you can fit into your living room, basement, or den.) If you don’t have enough chairs, you might be able to borrow some or rent them through a party-supply store – the kind that sells balloons and paper hats. In good weather, we can even do it outside.
• Snacks and beverages. (Some have BYOB).
• A small table or counter to display and sell my CDs.
• A spare room – Rusty’s dressing room – with bed or couch in a smoke-free, pet-free room.
• A suggested donation of $10 per person (the “suggested donation” is exactly the same as an admission charge or ticket price, just not called that). It’s up to you as to whether you want to pay the entire fee yourself or charge admission. Show pricing based on night of the week, travel, and location.
• Local advertising (tell your friends, and maybe put up or distribute a flyer. Many house concert hosts send invitations in advance to friends and neighbors. Sometimes they ask for RSVPs, or even that tickets be bought in advance. You can also choose to open up your house concert to the public, and even advertise it through local radio and newspapers. It’s up to you, and it works best when the host (you) is enthusiastic. Enthusiasm spreads.
BOOKING: reserve a date now.
Let us know your preferred date and include your phone number and as much info about the party/event as you can provide.